Saturday 22 August 2009

Just a quickie for those who have asked:

The 3D models that appear in my comics were made using Google SketchUp, a free-to-use 3D modeller that has to be one of the easiest graphics tools I've ever used (in a previous existence I worked for an IT giant as CAD systems tech support... and before that I was Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt... no, wait, scrub that last).

SU runs happily on my wee 1.6GHz laptop with 2Gb memory running Vista. It's a nice piece of software, try it out, shout if you need any help. :)

One of these days I'll put up a quickie tutorial showing the steps from the basic draw-a-rectangle, pull into a prism...



...to an uncannily odd head with movable eyes, eyebrows and mouth variants.



But most of all, I loves makin' them ships:

2 comments:

Joe Chiappetta said...

That's so cool. You have a great style. I wondered how you got those shapes.

Derek said...

Thanks, and thanks for stopping by to say so.